Needless to say, we’ve all got a story to tell about a cancelled flight, hotel, trip or adventure in paradise. But now it’s time to move on and move into planning mode. It’s time for a staycation that takes you far, far away… even if it’s from the comfort of your very own home.
Attitude is everything when it comes to a staycation. So put on a smile, start planning, start budgeting and start imagining the possibilities. But please, stop thinking this is a consolation vacation.
Take some of that money that was earmarked for your vacay, and invest it in your staycay! Here’s some thoughts…
1) HD movie projector for outdoor movies
2) Cook S’mores on a Solo Stove portable fire pit
3) Order the high-end meat from Omaha Steaks
4) A bottle of Duckhorn Cab perhaps?
5) Bust out the fancy glassware and decanter (handblown of course!)
6) Go swimming in your backyard – temporary pools are trending
7) Order yourself a new outfit or bathing suit
Just because you’re at home, doesn’t mean you’re not on official vacation. So turn on your out-of-office email, notify your clients, close the laptop, put down the phone (except for Instagram of course, you gotta post your pics) and most of all… no work, not negotiable.
Pick a theme and stick to it. Or perhaps you might even pick a different theme for each day. Having a plan and creating an itinerary in advance will make your staycation even more memorable. Here’s some thoughts: